What is talent acquisition?
Talent acquisition is the process of finding and bringing in an outstandingly skilled labor force to meet and increase organizational goals, needs, and standards. The talent acquisition process involves the following:
- Discover potential candidates.
- Evaluate and hire talented and skilled candidates for specific roles.
- Provide a variety of dependable and skilled workforce.
- Provision of a feasible employment framework.
A talent acquisition team could be a part of the company’s HR or an independent department working in synergy with the HR department of the company. Whichever way this may go, the role of the talent acquisition team remains the same.
As the task of talent acquisition is enormous, the following skills will come in handy:
- Identify the required talent.
- Assessment of candidates’ skills.
- Effective hiring strategies and standards.
- Best company branding practices.
The Process of Talent Acquisition
For employers in Spain to effectively acquire talents, there is a need for proper planning and synergy between every department to help discover, hunt, and draw the interest of the desired candidates. The process involves the following steps:
- Generate quality leads.
- Attracting and recruiting highly skilled talents.
- Interview and assess them.
- References evaluation.
- Choose the desired talent.
- Hiring or acquiring talent.
What are the tips for talent acquisition in Spain?
- Diversify the sources of your talent.
Because you may not be able to discover quality talents from only one source, you need to diversify your sources. Ensure that your talent acquisition process and sources always yields high-quality candidates. Leverage the power of social media and collaborate with institutions that are into producing high-quality candidates. If you are new to this, leverage the services of a Spanish PEO (Professional Employer Organization), who will help you find the talent pool that you need.
Also, aim at building a strong and quality network in the business world, which you will find beneficial in the following ways:
- It will help you know what talent is employable at what time.
- It gets you familiar with new and improved methods of talent acquisition.
- You get to know those talents that though they are currently employed, are still potential talent for your company.
- Let your employees be part of the talent acquisition process.
Include your employees in the talent acquisition process and enjoy the pleasant surprise this brings. Employee referrals are a great way to acquire new talents because often, it can be more convincing than other means. However, this method works even better when there are high incentive payments, which will motivate employees to search their networks to help the company acquire the talents they need.
All employees and departments should be encouraged to take part in the talent acquisition process. Talent acquisition should not be in the hands of the HR department or the talent acquisition team alone.
- Make the job application process easy.
First of all, have an online means for potential talents to apply for positions in your company. Make sure that the process is not too difficult to complete, as it may discourage talents from completing it.
Put it at the back of your mind that words will spread around when your application process is too daunting, and this could chase new talents away.
When designing the application process, does it bear in mind the following?
- The process should be easy.
- It should not take much time to complete, say less than 5 minutes.
- It should be mobile-friendly.
- Have an appealing employer brand.
Employer branding is crucial in attracting potential talents, and this can be achieved when you:
- Have a good company reputation.
- Give potential talents a positive perception of the brand.
- Portray a better image of your brand when compared to other brands, especially your products and services.
Everyone desires to work in a friendly workplace, and if you fail to portray your workplace as a great place to be, new talents would prefer not to work for you. Disseminate the news on your website, social media platforms, and through your employees of how wonderful it is to work in your company.
- Take all the time needed to complete the talent acquisition process.
Take all the time required to identify and acquire your talents. The whole talent acquisition process requires time and so, avoid taking shortcuts as it could cost you more time and resources in the long run.
Like in other parts of the world, the talent acquisition process is no different in Spain. A good employer brand is vital in this process, and it pays to include your employees in the process while diversifying your talent pool.